A Fruity and Spiced cake. It’s super delicious, you will want to make this Pear & Apple Cake immediately
- 1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pear, shredded
- 1 apple, shredded
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- Cream the butter and sugar, then blend the eggs in one at a time.
- Mix the milk, fruit, and jam in until well combined.
- You could easily add raisins or nuts to this recipe too.
- My family is not big on raisins or nuts, but I could see it working really well here.
- Another thing that could really work here is a few tablespoons of orange juice for more tang!
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and add to the wet mixture.
- Bake at 350°F in a 9″ cake tin for about 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve as-is for tea time or with cream cheese frosting for dessert.
- It’s versatile and super delicious.
Source: started from an old recipe, then basically made it up
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit