Weekends are for making #sauerkirschenpie
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter cut into cubes
- 5 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl to blend.
- Add butter and rub in with fingertips.
- Add water (if the dough is dry add a little more water, I added 2 tablespoons more).
- Gather dough together.
- Divide into 2 pieces, form 2 balls and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the first ball out on a floured surface and transfer to a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Roll the second ball out, cut it into strips and keep it aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the butter.
- Put aside while rolling out the dough.
- Transfer the filling to the dough-lined dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Arrange dough strips atop the filling, forming a lattice.
- Fold the bottom crust up over the ends of the strips.
- Brush the lattice with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F(200°C), reduce oven temperature to 375°F (180°C), and bake another 45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested Davida DeBruyn from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs
#bakinglove #bakersofinstagram #bake #backen #bakestagram #bakingtime #bakingathome #pie #sauerkirschen #baker #bakedwithlove #bakeyourworldhappy #sweetpie #kirschen #fruitpie #bakebakebake #bakeyourown #prettypie
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 31.6 g
- Sodium: 297.6 mg
- Fat: 26.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg