Super easy, rich, and creamy and a family favorite in our house. You have to try this out! I promise you, if you love seafood, you will not be disappointed.
- 1/2 large white onion (chop into small pieces)
- 400g tin of clams (drain, but keep the liquid)
- 340g frozen small prawns/shrimps
- 200g medium size scallops (cut into small pieces)
- 225g squid (open the tubes and cut them into small pieces)
- 275g salmon
- 125g thickly sliced bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 3 heaped tsp finely crushed garlic
- 475ml whipping cream
- 1–liter homo milk
- Spices as per your own preference.
- Fry the chopped onions in VOO (Virgin Olive Oil) till shiny, then add garlic and fry until lightly brown and the flavor pops.
- Fry the salmon (if you have salmon with skin), place it on the skin, lightly fry it, then turn around and fry the other side.
- Remove the skin, spice lightly and flake the salmon and keep aside.
- The salmon still need to be underdone at this stage
- Return the onion to a large pot and add clam juice and ½ liter of homo milk.
- Spice to taste.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Add cream and bring to a soft rolling boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and the remainder of the homo milk.
- Bring back to a soft rolling boil and add the scallops and squid pieces.
- Once again bring it back to boil and then entirely switch off the temperature.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 682 mg
- Fat: 25.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 20.1 g
- Cholesterol: 134.5 mg