As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rich and Creamy and homemade Seafood Cream Chowder!
Seafood Cream Chowder
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Method: Easy
Super easy, rich, and creamy and a family favorite in our house. You have to try this out! I promise you, if you love seafood, you will not be disappointed.
- 1/2 large white onion (chop into small pieces)
- 400g tin of clams (drain, but keep the liquid)
- 340g frozen small prawns/shrimps
- 200g medium size scallops (cut into small pieces)
- 225g squid (open the tubes and cut them into small pieces)
- 275g salmon
- 125g thickly sliced bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 3 heaped tsp finely crushed garlic
- 475ml whipping cream
- 1–liter homo milk
- Spices as per your own preference.
- Fry the chopped onions in VOO (Virgin Olive Oil) till shiny, then add garlic and fry until lightly brown and the flavor pops.
- Fry the salmon (if you have salmon with skin), place it on the skin, lightly fry it, then turn around and fry the other side.
- Remove the skin, spice lightly and flake the salmon and keep aside.
- The salmon still need to be underdone at this stage
- Return the onion to a large pot and add clam juice and ½ liter of homo milk.
- Spice to taste.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Add cream and bring to a soft rolling boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and the remainder of the homo milk.
- Bring back to a soft rolling boil and add the scallops and squid pieces.
- Once again bring it back to boil and then entirely switch off the temperature.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 682 mg
- Fat: 25.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 20.1 g
- Cholesterol: 134.5 mg
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
6 thoughts on “Seafood Cream Chowder”
It sounds wonderful. So many good soup recipes on #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty this time. Thanks for sharing yours.
Thanks my friend and I appreciate you taking the time to your comment here on the blog. Hope you will enjoy it should you have the time to try it out.
Oh, I’m going to try this with coconut cream instead (no dairy for me). I love the combination of seafood!
That will be absolutely perfect with coconut cream, love the idea.
I love a creamy chowder. Thanks for the recipe, Esme. I might just try this tonight. I don’t have clams, but I have salmon. 🙂
Use whatever seafood you have available. Hope you will enjoy it