An easy, delicious, caramel-filled sponge cake.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Beat the sugar, and oil and add one egg at a time until frothy.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence and mix through.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Pour in two round greased or a square pyrex dish.
- Bake for ±40min or until golden brown at 180C/350F
- If in two round tins bake it for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Spread caramel treat on cake.
- Add fresh cream on top and pipe with caramel treat over fresh cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 3459
- Sugar: 20.7 g
- Sodium: 4133.5 mg
- Fat: 240.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 261.7 g
- Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 64.3 g
- Cholesterol: 748.9 mg
Keywords: sponge cake