Read 7 Baking Tips for Making Better Scones to make sure you have the best scones ever!
- 125g butter
- 6 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Yoghurt or buttermilk
- 3–4 cups flour sifted
- 8 teaspoon baking powder
- Egg and milk mixture to brush the tops
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs until light.
- Add buttermilk and continue beating until all is incorporated.
- Lastly, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the above mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured surface ±1 ½ cm thick and cut with a circle cutter.
- Place on a baking tray, and brush with egg or milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180C / 350F deg.
- Delicious treat accompanied by a hot cup of tea or coffee with a generous amount of butter, fruit jam, and whipped cream!
- I rubbed butter into the flour mixture and added liquids to make a soft pliable dough.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 25.7 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg