Delicious Soft Plain Yogurt Scones at your fingertips
A scone is a baked good, usually made of either wheat or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent, and baked on sheet pans. A scone is often slightly sweetened and occasionally glazed with egg wash. The scone is a basic component of cream tea.
Soft Plain Yogurt Scones
Read 7 Baking Tips for Making Better Scones to make sure you have the best scones ever!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 scones 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs until light.
- Add buttermilk and continue beating until all is incorporated.
- Lastly, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the above mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured surface ±1 ½ cm thick and cut with a circle cutter.
- Place on a baking tray, and brush with egg or milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180C / 350F deg.
- Delicious treat accompanied by a hot cup of tea or coffee with a generous amount of butter, fruit jam, and whipped cream!
- I rubbed butter into the flour mixture and added liquids to make a soft pliable dough.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.