For supper, Jennifer made Spicy Sticky Chicken and savory rice. Her kids absolutely love it.
- Wash and cut up 1 kg chicken fillets
- Mix the marinade (corn flour, flour, egg, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, ginger, garlic paste, soy sauce, turmeric, and masala) well and refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients (honey, Nandos Mozambique sauce, and 25 ml soy sauce) except for the corn flour mix, to a pan.
- Mix 2 tsp (10 ml) corn flour with ¼ cup (62.5 ml) of water.
- Allow to simmer, then add the corn flour mix.
- Cook for 1 minute
- Fry chicken in deep oil until golden in color
- Remove from oil, set aside
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix gently until the chicken is covered in sauce.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Jennifer from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1134
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 1506
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 140
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 99
- Cholesterol: 264
Keywords: Sticky Chicken