For supper, I made Spicy Sticky Chicken and savory rice. My kids absolutely love this.
It began in the mid-1990s when the popularity of wing restaurants was on the rise. One evening, the Vivares family went to try some wings at a restaurant and that’s when the idea sparked.
“Oh I can do better,” said Ceferino Vivares, father of Patsy and Benson Vivares, now co-owners of Sticky’s Chicken.
For supper, Jennifer made Spicy Sticky Chicken and savory rice. Her kids absolutely love it.
- Wash and cut up 1 kg chicken fillets
- Mix the marinade (corn flour, flour, egg, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, ginger, garlic paste, soy sauce, turmeric, and masala) well and refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients (honey, Nandos Mozambique sauce, and 25 ml soy sauce) except for the corn flour mix, to a pan.
- Mix 2 tsp (10 ml) corn flour with ¼ cup (62.5 ml) of water.
- Allow to simmer, then add the corn flour mix.
- Cook for 1 minute
- Fry chicken in deep oil until golden in color
- Remove from oil, set aside
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix gently until the chicken is covered in sauce.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Jennifer from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1134
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 1506
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 140
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 99
- Cholesterol: 264
Keywords: Sticky Chicken
This post was added to the following link party: Homestead Blog Hop
Some more Recipes you should check out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
The post featured at