Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower served with fragrant jasmine rice. This dish is vegetarian yet it’s so yummy and flavorful.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Corn starch, maize starch, or cornflour
- Cold Water (enough to form a batter)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup of Sugar/ Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Ginger & Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour & Water
- 1 Orange for zest
- Chopped Spring Onion (garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the water to form a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter then fry in batches until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes to a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cornflour into enough water to form a smooth slurry.
- Add to the orange sauce and whisk.
- Cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Once thick, remove from heat and add in the zest.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower pieces and toss well to ensure an even coating.
- Garnish and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 500
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 1
Keywords: Sticky Orange Sauce