Orange Sauce Cauliflower served with fragrant jasmine rice. This dish is vegetarian yet it’s so yummy and flavorful.Print
Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower
Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower served with fragrant jasmine rice. This dish is vegetarian yet it’s so yummy and flavorful.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Fruits, Vegetables, and Other Produce
- Diet: VegetarianDiet
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Corn starch, maize starch, or cornflour
- Cold Water (enough to form a batter)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the water to form a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter then fry in batches until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes to a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cornflour into enough water to form a smooth slurry.
- Add to the orange sauce and whisk.
- Cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Once thick, remove from heat and add in the zest.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower pieces and toss well to ensure an even coating.
- Garnish and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 500
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 1
Keywords: Sticky Orange Sauce
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!