As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Orange Sauce Cauliflower served with fragrant jasmine rice. This dish is vegetarian yet it’s so yummy and flavorful.Print
Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Fruits, Vegetables, and Other Produce
- Diet: VegetarianDiet
Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower served with fragrant jasmine rice. This dish is vegetarian yet it’s so yummy and flavorful.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Corn starch, maize starch, or cornflour
- Cold Water (enough to form a batter)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup of Sugar/ Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Ginger & Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour & Water
- 1 Orange for zest
- Chopped Spring Onion (garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the water to form a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter then fry in batches until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes to a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cornflour into enough water to form a smooth slurry.
- Add to the orange sauce and whisk.
- Cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Once thick, remove from heat and add in the zest.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower pieces and toss well to ensure an even coating.
- Garnish and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 500
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 1
Keywords: Sticky Orange Sauce
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
2 thoughts on “Sticky Orange Sauce Cauliflower”
I used to detest cauliflower but now I like it and look for recipes where it’s at the centre of things. This looks delicious! Thanks for linking.
Hi Gail. Hope you will enjoy this one, We love cauliflower in any shape or form. Thank you for popping in.