Air-fried Asian Meatballs With Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce on Jasmine Rice.
Asian meatballs are out of this world!
Air Fried Asian Meatballs with Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce
If you love meatballs and also Asian-style flavors, you will love this easy and quick, delicious meal.
Close your eyes for one moment, and imagine a plate full of meatballs covered in this sweet and sour, yummy sticky Chilli sauce. Can you see and smell it?
Yes, I know you can, so dig in and enjoy and savor each bite!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Meat Recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- 600gr ground beef
- 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Thumb sized grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic chili paste
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 heaped tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs *
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sliced spring onions for garnish
Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1–2 red chili, sliced
- 1 heaped tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp (sesame) oil (any)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauc
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water)
- Mix all together and using a scoop form Uniform Uniform Meatballs and set aside for half an hour.
- Preheat Air Fryer. Air Fry at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes. No need to flip.
Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, tomato sauce, and water.
- Heat oil, add chili, and ginger garlic paste. Stir till fragrant.
- Add the mixture in the bowl and bring it to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and the cornstarch slurry and allow to thicken.
- Pour over meatballs and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 996
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 2255
- Fat: 46
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 21
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 80
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 62
- Cholesterol: 184
Keywords: Asian Meatballs, Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce
If you like this feel free to print this and use both the Air Fried Asian meatballs as well as the Chicken Zucchini meatballs recipes at home.
What is hoisin sauce made of?
Any suggestions of what can I use instead of hoisin sauce?
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.