Almond Flour and Mixed Seed Bread and super delicious and healthy as well.
Almond Flour and Seed Bread
Looking for a delicious grain-free bread?
I experimented and used almond flour that is high in protein and low in carbs. Trust me, this is truly delicious. It is healthy and will leave you satisfied and you can now also enjoy bread, should you miss a traditional slice of bread with wheat, etc.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling and Resting: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Bread Recipes
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: GlutenFreeDiet
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup mixed seeds (black poppy, white and brown sesame, pepita seeds)
- 60 ml psyllium husks
- 12.5 ml baking powder
- 3 ml of salt
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml Greek or Bulgarian Yoghurt (I used Vanilla Greek yoghurt, as that is what I had on hand)
- 2 – 3 tsp of seeds for decoration on the top
- Mix flour, seed, psyllium, baking powder, and salt with a hand whisk.
- Add eggs and mix through until no lumps are visible.
- Add the yoghurt and blend until all incorporated.
- Line the bread tin with parchment paper and then spray with non-stick as well.
- Pour the mixture in and sprinkle extra seeds in rows for decoration.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 45 min or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down,
- Pick up the bread by taking hold of the parchment paper and lift it out of the pan and then leave it on the wire cooling rack.
- After 2-3 minutes remove the paper and place it on the cooling rack or it will not breathe properly at the bottom and will get soggy.
- Slice and enjoy with butter, and any topping.
- I had my first slice only with butter, and oh boy, it is delicious. For sure a keeper in my books and I will make it again.
Prepared, tried and tested by Esme Slabs
Yoghurt is a variant spelling of yogurt that is common in British English. It can be used in all the same contexts as its American counterpart yogurt. While yoghurt is much more common in British English than in American English, it still isn’t the dominant spelling.
Keywords: Almond Flour and Seed Bread #almondflourloaf #AlmondBread
6 of the Healthiest Flours to Use
- Almond Flour. Pictured recipe: Low-Carb Seeded Quick Bread.
- Coconut Flour. Pictured recipe: Coconut-Dark Chocolate Truffles.
- Whole-Wheat Flour. Pictured recipe: Whole-Wheat Blueberry Muffins.
- Oat Flour. Oat flour is made from ground oats and offers earthy sweetness and chewiness to baked goods.
- Cassava Flour.
- Chickpea Flour.
Almond Flour Is Better for Your Blood Sugar
This can cause high spikes in blood sugar levels, followed by rapid drops, which can leave you tired, hungry, and craving foods high in sugar and calories. Conversely, almond flour is low in carbs yet high in healthy fats and fiber.
How do you make almond flour bread rise?
Unfortunately, almond flour just doesn’t work the same way as wheat flour. But, you can still do everything you can to help this bread rise. The key is to create air in the batter before baking. Mix it very well, aiming to create air bubbles!
Does baking powder work with almond flour?
Almond flour can be a viable alternative to all-purpose flour for those with type 2 diabetes in many baked goods such as cookies, cakes, quick bread, and pancakes. Slightly increase the amount of rising agent (baking powder and/or baking soda) to accommodate the heavier weight of the almond flour.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.