Looking for an easy tried and tested Homemade Apple Pie with Syrup recipe? You will love this, it is super easy and most of all delicious so try it.
Treat Yourself to the Tastiness of Homemade Apple Pie with Syrup and Cinnamon Sugar, but please remember to share with the rest of the family!
- 3 TBSP soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder (BP)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tin (385g) unsweetened pie apples
- Cinnamon sugar to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 225g butter
- Easy to make as you can use a wire whisk to mix everything together.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Grease a pie dish of about 30x20cm or slightly bigger.
- Mix 3 TBSP of soft unsalted butter with 1 cup of sugar and 3 eggs. *if using salted butter, skip the salt
- Sift 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt*
- Add to butter/eggs/sugar and mix.
- Add a 1/4 cup of milk and mix.
- Pour into greased pie/baking dish.
- Layer 1 tin (385g) of unsweetened pie apples on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until light golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.
While the pie is baking, make syrup:
- Melt in a saucepan all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil (it will froth a little), and reduce heat.
- Stir until all sugar is melted and it takes on a golden color.
- Keep the syrup warm if the pie isn’t ready, but don’t let it burn.
- Once the pie is done, let cool for a few minutes, and then CAREFULLY pour the warm syrup over the pie.
- Serve warm (or cool) with vanilla ice cream, chilled nestle ideal milk or chilled thick pouring cream.
NOTE: The syrup is quite sweet, so reduce the quantity of sugar, butter, and milk if you don’t like overly sweet syrup. Play around and see what syrup works best for you.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Mary from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 111.1 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 47.4 mg
Keywords: apple and cinnamon pie