Enough talk – let’s eat some Asian Meatballs with Butter Cabbage and Green Apple & Jalapeño Chimichurri!
- 500gr Pork mince (or chicken)
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2 grated garlic cloves1 thumb-size piece grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese chili sauce (or sriracha)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp ground Szechuan peppercorns
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper.
- Mix everything together (except sesame seeds).
- Form meatballs, slightly bigger than golfball size.
- They are quite wettish not firm so toss them between your two palms as opposed to rolling (or add more flour/ breadcrumbs).
- Put on a baking tray and sprinkle seeds over.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Green Apple & Jalapeño Chimichurri
- 1 green apple, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 2 green jalapeno, finely chopped
- A big handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- A handful of fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A squeeze of lime (or lemon)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper or chili flakes)
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse to desired consistency
Instant Pot Butter Cabbage
- 1 cabbage, cut into 8 wedges (I used 4 baby cabbages, halved then quartered into wedges)
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 – 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add butter, garlic cloves, thyme, and 1 salt to Instant Pot.
- Pour in chicken stock, then give it a quick mix.
- Add in cabbage wedges (ensure they are all partially submerged in the cooking liquid).
- With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
- Pressure Cook at High Pressure 3 minutes (tender with some crisp) to 6 minutes (really tender) + Quick Release.
- It is so nice with butter juice scooped over sprinkled with white pepper and paprika.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
Melanie shared more Meatball recipes, please take a look, all home-tried and tested