• 1 cup orzo pasta
• 1 bunch asparagus, about 20 spears
• 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, drained and thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
• 1 small garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a medium saucepan, cook orzo in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
2. For asparagus and edamame, bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add both the asparagus and edamame, turn heat to low and cook 2 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into a bowl of cold water. Drain and dry asparagus and edamame well.
3. Cut each spear into 3 pieces and add both to the orzo.
4. Add olive oil, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper, tossing well to coat.
5. Cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
6. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Prepared, Tried and Tested by: Valerie Diedrich