What a great way to use your garden harvest and to prepare your own Avocado with Cheese and Tomato Relish Sandwich
What a great way to use your garden harvest
Tomato relish (sweet)
- 1kg cocktail tomatoes, skinned
- 3 fat cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- Five chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- Teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Tablespoon coconut oil
- Medium heat
- Fry onion and garlic in coconut oil until golden
- Add chili and stir together for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and salt, and cover until it begins to bubble.
- Remove the lid and with a potato masher, press down on the tomatoes to pop them open.
- Allow to cook and thicken as it reduces.
- When reduced by a third, stir in a tablespoon of olive or coconut oil, turn off the heat and leave on the hot plate for about ten minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Allow maturing for a week.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Dee Harris