You have to try this dish, It’s a combination of awesome flavors and you have a lovely Bacon Mushroom Mac and 3 Cheese Sauce.
Bacon Mushroom Mac and 3 Cheese Sauce is an incredibly flavorful and satisfying dish! The combination of the salty bacon, mushrooms, and creamy cheese sauce is a heavenly combination. The bacon adds a smoky flavor and a bit of crunch, while the mushrooms add an earthy depth of flavor. The three kinds of cheese provide richness and complexity that can’t be beaten. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in or to impress your guests. Enjoy the creamy, comforting flavor of Bacon Mushroom Mac and 3 Cheese Sauce!
- 1 full packet of macaroni
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 packets of bacon bits
- 2 punnets mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 4 cups cheese sauce
3 Cheese Sauce
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 250 ml cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tub cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup extra cheddar and parmesan for topping
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- A shake each of garlic and herb spice, mustard powder
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Fry bacon bits till crispy, remove, and set aside on a paper towel.
- Add mushrooms to pan and season with garlic and herb spice and fry till just coated remove and add to bacon.
- Boil a pot of water, once boiling add salt, then macaroni then oil.
- Cook until al dente, (while making 3 cheese sauces) drain.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms and mix to combine.
- Grease a large pyrex dish.
- Add the macaroni mixture and chili flakes and pour cheesy sauce over. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle extra cheeses over and bake uncovered till golden.
3 Cheese Sauce
- Melt butter and whisk in flour until flour is cooked.
- Add cream cheese and 1 cup of milk and whisk until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add remainder of milk, parmesan cheese, fresh cream, and all seasoning whisking until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until cheese has melted.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 1453
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 3034.2 mg
- Fat: 107.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.5 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 48.4 g
- Cholesterol: 224.4 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Mushroom, Macaroni
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.