Indulge your taste buds with our delicious Baked Cheesecake with Crème Fraîche! This creamy, melt-in-your-mouth dessert is the perfect end to any meal. Don’t miss out on this heavenly treat.
Crème fraîche / sour cream is a dairy product, a soured cream containing 10–45% butterfat, with a pH of approximately 4.5. It is soured with a bacterial culture. European labeling regulations specify the two ingredients must be cream and bacterial culture.
Indulge in the creamy delight of our Baked Cheesecake with Crème Fraîche! A delightful blend of rich flavors, a smooth texture, and a sweet tangy finish. Perfect for any occasion or simply to treat yourself.
- 200 g shortbread cookies (I use ginger biscuits)
- 55 g (50ml) butter, melted
- 3 x 250g low-fat cream cheese
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 25 g (45ml) cake flour
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
Sour Cream Topping:
- 250 g crème fraîche / sour cream
- 35 g (45ml) sugar
- 1 ml vanilla essence
- Place biscuits in processor and blend till fine, add melted butter and mix well.
- Spray 24cm loose bottom cake pan with food spray.
- Place biscuit mixture in pan and press down firmly.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix well with an electric mixer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Spoon into cake pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. It might look raw, but it is perfectly fine.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Turn up the oven heat to 220°C/428°F.
Sour Cream Topping:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat well till the sugar has dissolved.
- Spread over cheesecake and place in a warmer oven (220°C/428°F) for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place in fridge till completely cold.
- Decorate with preferably fresh cherries/berries (only had bottled to use) and sprinkle a tiny bit of icing sugar over the cake.
Prepared, tried, and tested Suzan from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 254 mg
- Fat: 32.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 134.1 mg
Keywords: Cheesecake; baked cheesecake; Sour Cream; crème fraîche
You may wish to check out some other Cheesecake recipes as well here on the blog: