This Baked Creamy Corn Casserole was a gigantic success!! Absolutely delicious.
- ½ cup divided milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbl unsalted butter
- 1½ Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups fresh corn kernels (thawed frozen will also do, but it should be well-drained)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded Asiago or any other Hard Italian cheese, optional
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray a 2-liter baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the cream, 1/4 cup of milk, sugar, and butter, and bring to a boil.
- While the cream mixture is heating up make a slurry of the flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk by whisking together until well combined.
- Now whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add in the slurry and whisk until slightly thickened, ±1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, then add the corn and salt and mix until combined.
- Then slowly add the eggs while mixing the entire time, as you do not want the eggs to curdle.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden brown.
- Add cheese if you prefer and grill slightly, then remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving so it can firm up and set.
Prepared, tried, and tested Corlea Smit