– 2 x cups all bran flakes.
– 2 x cups milk.
– 1 ½ x cups sifted cake flour.
– ¾ x cup soft treacle (brown) sugar.
– 1 1 /2 x mashed banana.
– 2 x tsp cinnamon powder.
– 1 ½ x tsp mixed spice powder.
– 2 x tsp banana essence.
– 2 x tsp bicarbonate of sode.
– ¼ x tsp salt.
– ¼ x cup cooking oil.
– Chopped walnuts
– In a large bowl, mix the cake flour, sugar, salt and spices together.
– In another small bowl, mix the milk, the bicarbonate of soda and the banana essence together.
– Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix till a smooth mixture is formed, there must be no lumps.
– Add the all bran flakes and mix.
– Add the chopped walnuts and mashed banana and mix well.
– Add the oil and mix till there is no more oil visible on the top of the batter.
– Fill muffin casings ¾ of the way and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson