Bar One fridge cheesecake. This is my all-time favorite cheesecake, but be warned – it is rich.
The chocolate base for the Bar One fridge cheesecake
- 250g chocolate coated digestive biscuits
- 150g melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 20g extra butter
- 300ml cream
- 50g milk chocolate (chopped finely)
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- 60ml water
- 500g cream cheese
- 110g castor sugar
- 120g Bar one chocolate, chopped finely
- Blend biscuits into breadcrumbs and add butter to combine.
- Press biscuit mixture into a 20cm tin (bottom and sides or just bottom).
- Cover and refrigerate till firm.
- Combine brown sugar with the 20g extra butter and 2tbs cream in a small saucepan, heat on low until sugar dissolves to make butterscotch sauce.
- Combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cream in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate melts to make the chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl over simmering water.
- Stir until gelatine dissolves.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cheese and castor sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Beat remaining cream in another bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir slightly warm gelatine into cheese mixture and add in Bar-One and fold in cream.
- Pour half cheese mixture into prepared tin and drizzle half butterscotch and half chocolate sauce over cheese mixture.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cheese mixture and sauces.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours or until set but best to make the day before.
Prepared, tried, and tested Beverley Gracie