Who would’ve thought you can have Beef Wellington on a Diet.
Well, I kid you not. Tonight’s dinner was Beef Wellington while not quite the real deal I relished every morsel. It really was very good!
- 2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 110g tenderloin steaks halved
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp liver paté (I reverted to my original recipe and used mushrooms)
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat and seer the beef.
- Set aside and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the mozzarella cheese in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir in the almond flour until it forms a ‘dough’.
- Place the ‘dough’ on a piece of parchment paper.
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to flatten it.
- Remove the top piece of paper.
- Spread the paté over the dough.
- Place the meat at one end of the dough.
- Roll the dough and the meat.
- Line a dish with parchment paper and add the Beef Wellington.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 °C until golden brown.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
More Beef recipes for your evening meal