Traditional Indian Eggless Besan Nankhatai with a twist. You will love them, it’s super easy and delicious to make at home
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup Besan (Gram flour) – chickpea flour
- pinch of Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee (use as much for binding)
- Cream ghee and castor sugar, and add nutmeg and cardamom powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Take pieces of dough firm into small balls
- Press in an almond/ pistachio
- Bake at 180 C on a baking tray until slightly golden brown
Recipe credit: Husseina Nazir
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Preshana Singh
Some more Recipes you should check out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.