As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grab a bowl of the freshest Best Greek Ozo Salad around and experience the amazing flavors in your own home.
Orzo, also known as risoni, is a form of short-cut pasta, shaped like a large grain of rice. Orzo is traditionally made from flour, but it can also be made of whole grain. It is often made with semolina, a type of flour made from durum wheat.
Best Greek Ozo Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Resting Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Greek
Come and try this out and experience the amazing flavors of the Best Greek Ozo Salad today and treat your family to a taste deliciousness.
- 500g packet of uncooked Orzo Pasta
- 400g (1 tub) feta cheese – crumble (I prefer it chunky)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced, again chunky
- 1 packet/bottle of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 red onion chopped
- ±140 g fresh spinach
- 1 cup pitted black kalamata olives drained
- 75 ml vinegar
- 75 ml oil
- Coarse salt & black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and stir gently.
- Return to the boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
- Coarsely chop the onion, olives, yellow pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- I prefer to shred the fresh spinach by hand, and again if using baby spinach, just tear it into 2 or maybe 3 pieces.
- Combine pasta with chopped vegetables, spinach, and crumbled feta.
- Add the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss and chill for a minimum of 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for a few days.
I love the leftovers, if you have any, as the flavor intensifies overnight. I have made this many a time and everybody just loves it and always asking for more.
Original source: melissamayo
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 370.6 mg
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 29.7 mg
Keywords: Greek Ozo Salad
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.