Big Bake Cake, White and Chocolate Cake also ideal for cupcakes
This Big Bake Cake remains moist, keeps very well and makes a large quantity
- 450g self-raising flour
- 420g castor sugar
- 2 ml of salt
- 250g butter or margarine
- 250 ml of water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 5 ml bicarbonate soda
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 30g cocoa
- Sift flour, castor sugar and salt.
- Heat butter and water over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in flour mixture, beat in eggs.
- Mix together buttermilk, bicarbonate of soda, and essence.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Divide dough in two equal portions.
- Add cocoa to one part and stir well to blend.
- Pour both portions (separately)into a large, greased roasting pan.
- Draw skewer through the batter to form a pattern.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30-40 min or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean
Decoration for this awesome Big Bake Cake:
Once cold melt chocolate in the microwave and spread melted chocolate over the top
OR use mocha icing
Decorate the top with grated chocolate or flake
Prepared, tried and tested Rashida Habib
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare