Big Bake Cake, White, and Chocolate Cake also ideal for cupcakes
Big Bake Cake
Big Bake Chocolate Cake is also ideal for cupcakes. This cake remains moist, keeps very well, and makes a large quantity for a rainy day!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 Sheet Pan – 18 portions 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Sift flour, castor sugar, and salt.
- Heat butter and water over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in flour mixture, beat in eggs.
- Mix buttermilk, bicarbonate of soda, and essence.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Add cocoa to one part and stir well to blend.
- Pour both portions (separately)into a large, greased roasting pan.
- Draw a skewer through the batter to form a pattern.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30-40 min or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Decoration for this awesome Big Bake Cake:
- Once cold melt chocolate in the microwave and spread melted chocolate over the top.
- OR use mocha icing
- Decorate the top with grated chocolate or flake.
Prepared, tried, and tested Rashida Habib
We have so many Cake recipes on the blog, for you to choose from. You will enjoy each and every one of them, so start at the top and have fun and please remember to let us know once you made any and what you think of them.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.