Impress your guests with this outstanding, awesome, beautiful, and tasty Black Forest Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coffee
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup boiling water
To sandwich and decorate
Whipped Cream with sugar (600ml double cream, 4 Tbspn sugar)
Fresh cherries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease pan.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee to a large bowl
- Whisk through to combine Ingredients well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely
Prepared and tested by Preshana