As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make bread pudding from crust offcuts – Waste not, want not.
- 5 slices white bread (remove crust) I used the leftover crust from Vienna cigars (see recipe already shared on the blog)
- 500 ml milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 5 large eggs Or 4 X-large eggs
- 125 ml cup sugar
- 50 ml butter
Apricot Jam Sauce:
- 100 ml Smooth Apricot Jam
- 80 ml boiling water.
Combine together until the jam is saucy.
Pour over when the pudding is done
- Soak bread crust in milk
- Make a paste of custard with a little water, sugar, 5 whole eggs, and blend well with a stick blender.
- Dot with butter before baking & bake at 180C ±50 min or until set.
- Pour Jam sauce over when done baking
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Bread pudding and “No” Bread Pudding which do you prefer?
6 thoughts on “Bread Pudding”
Thanks Reena, its very versatile and you can add some dried fruit, also very yummy
Thanks, hope you will try and enjoy it
Sounds great, Esme. I LOVE custard so will definitely try it .SO different to British bread pudding. This was popular in the second world war for obvious reasons. My mother used to put in as much fruit as she could spare (chopped left-overs,, sultanas, currents, glace etc.,) Very tasty but filling! Cheers. x
Its still a favorite in our house, although I now use GF bread to make mine, but still super delicious