Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad, what a nice crunchy, nutty and delicious summer salad, you will love it
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ head of cauliflower, both stems removed and florets cut small
- 1 handful of raisins
- I small packet of raw cashew nuts (I like salted)
- 1 packet of thin noodles (I use 2-minute noodles – any flavor as you not using the flavoring), uncooked and broken very small
- About 25ml of sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and flaxseed- I put most of these in for color, different tastes so go with your heart
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3 Tbls red wine vinegar
- ½ red onion very finely chopped/minced
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl or platter
- Put all other ingredients over and toss
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and red chopped onion.
- Pour salad dressing over before serving and give a good toss so all the ingredients are soaked in the dressing.
Prepared, tried, and tested Hannah Frank Witt