There is nothing quite as delicious as the aroma of curry, and then buffalo curry with peas and Potato
- 3 Tblsps ghee
- 1 kg buffalo pieces
- 1 large onion
- 2 curry leaves
- 4-5 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3-4 cardamom pods bruised
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp roasted masala
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Durban masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Heat the ghee on medium heat. Add the buffalo pieces and fry till brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Braise with a splash of water till the onion mixture is softened.
- Combine the spices and tomato paste with some water to form a smooth paste. Add the spice and tomato paste with 1 cup of water and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Cook till the meat is tender. Reduce the heat to medium and add the peas and potatoes.
- Stir in 1 cup of water and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Stir occasionally and add small amounts of water at a time as required.
Prepared, tried, and tested Caashifa Adams Young