What a delectable soup to kick-start a meal. You should try this Butternut Soup with Sesame Seeds and your family and friends will ask for more.
Butternut squash, known in Australia and New Zealand as butternut pumpkin or gramma, is a type of winter squash that grows on a vine. It has a sweet, nutty taste similar to that of a pumpkin. It has tan-yellow skin and orange fleshy pulp with a compartment of seeds in the blossom end.
- 1 Large Butternut cut up into blocks
- 1 red pepper cut up
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 cups of water
- Cayenne pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Place a large pot on medium heat
- Add butternut, red pepper, garlic, onion, cloves, stock, and water to the pot and let it cook until all the veggies are soft for about 40 mins
- Place in a blender and blend until it is pureed
- Place back in the pot and stir in the cream, finish off with cayenne pepper and salt for taste, and sprinkle sesame seeds when dishing up.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel
Butternut squash is low in calories and packed with fiber — making it a great choice for any healthy weight loss plan.
23 Types of Squash
Did you know that you can find 23 different types of squash? Check them out here
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.