What a delectable soup to kick start a meal. You should try this Butternut Soup with Sesame Seeds and your family and friends will ask for more.
Butternut squash, known in Australia and New Zealand as butternut pumpkin or gramma, is a type of winter squash that grows on a vine. It has a sweet, nutty taste similar to that of a pumpkin. It has tan-yellow skin and orange fleshy pulp with a compartment of seeds in the blossom end.
- 1 Large Butternut cut up into blocks
- 1 red pepper cut up
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 cups of water
- Cayenne pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Place a large pot on medium heat
- Add butternut, red pepper, garlic, onion, cloves, stock, and water to the pot and let it cook until all the veggies are soft for about 40 mins
- Place in a blender and blend until its pureed
- Place back in the pot and stir in the cream, finish off with cayenne pepper and salt for taste and sprinkle sesame seeds when dishing up.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel
Butternut squash is low in calories and packed with fiber — making it a great choice for any healthy weight loss plan.
23 Types of Squash
Did you know that you can find 23 different types of squash? Check them out here
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.