As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Meaty Shakshuka is a variation of the traditional Turkish breakfast dish often served with crusty bread and sweet mint tea.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A crack of black pepper
- 1-2 cups roast beef/salami / spiced beef (cold meat of choice) chopped
- 4 – 6 eggs
- Dried parsley
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Heat a pan then add a good glug of olive oil.
- Add the vegetables and braise till lightly browned.
- Add a few drops of water and the sriracha.
- Add all the spices and seasonings and meat.
- Turn down the heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cover with a lid till the eggs are done to your preference.
- Crack some black pepper over the eggs as well as a crack of salt.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley and serve warm.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young