What do you need more? Try this perfect, tasty supper Cajun Hake dish!
- 6 pieces hake fillets (skinned)
- ½ tsp Atlantic sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp fish spice
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Portuguese spice
- 1 tsp Cajun Spice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle the spices over both sides of the fish, including lemon juice and olive oil.
- Layer into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 5 minutes, turning halfway
- In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic, salt, lemon juice, Portuguese, and Cajun Spice and stir for a minute or so.
- Add the fresh cream. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- After 15 minutes, remove the fish from the oven and pour the sauce over the fish.
- Return the fish to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes
Mixed Vegetable Ingredients:
- 4 potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 packet frozen Hawaiian stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil/olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add curry powder, stock cube, and thyme.
- Add potatoes and boil until soft.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon, and discard thyme sprig.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the potato water and boil for a minute or so until they become unstuck.
- Drain in a colander.
- In the meantime heat the oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the vegetables and stir-fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add to the potatoes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar