As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The “millionaire” prefix to Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel shortbread) equates to the decadence of the sweet treat, an upgrade from shortbread.
Caramel shortbread, also known as caramel squares, caramel slice, millionaire’s shortbread, millionaire’s slice, chocolate caramel shortbread, and Wellington squares is a biscuit confectionery item composed of a rectangular, triangular, or circular shortbread biscuit base topped with caramel and milk chocolate.
Easy Millionaire’s Caramel Shortbread Squares
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Additional Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 17 minutes
- Yield: 20 squares depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Cuisine: Scottish
Sweet simple, crisp shortbread, rich chewy, caramel, and thick chocolate topping.
- 225g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 1/4 cup syrup
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or chocolate bar)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Line a square tin/pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter, add sugar, and mix until fluffy, with egg yolk, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix well. Gradually the flour.
- Mix with a Spatula then by hand. Press into pan. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Heat gently stirring continuously with a small whisk until a deep caramel color and thick.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Pour over the shortbread and smooth over.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes until set.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 3684
- Sugar: 111
- Sodium: 2874
- Fat: 230
- Saturated Fat: 51
- Unsaturated Fat: 158
- Trans Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 392
- Fiber: 16
- Protein: 37
- Cholesterol: 165
Keywords: Caramel, Shortbread, Squares, cookies, chocolate
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.