Caramelised Onion Spinach and Brie quiche
- 300gr wholewheat flour
- 170gr butter
- 10ml salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 60-120ml water
- Place flour, butter, and salt in a food processor.
- Mix till it comes together.
- Mix egg yolk with some water and add.
- Pulse a few times until a dough is formed.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Then roll out on a floured surface and press into a quiche pan.
- 20gr butter
- 10ml olive oil
- 4 onions, sliced fine
- 1 packet spinach
- 125gr brie, chopped
- 200gr mozzarella, grated
- 5ml chopped rosemary
- Heat butter and oil and cook onions till caramelized.
- Chop up remaining ingredients and add to onions in a bowl.
Custard for your Caramelised Onion Spinach and Brie quiche
- 4 eggs
- 500ml cream
- 5ml nutmeg
- Whisk together.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread filling on to pastry base.
- Pour custard over the filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
I have only ever made crustless quiche before but this caramelized onion, spinach, and brie quiche sounded quite simple, and the pastry is made in the processor. I love brie cheese so just had to make it. It was simply yummy.
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Quiche for every occasion.
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: