Baked in a ring pan, and it’s an easy and delicious Carrot and Pineapple Cake.
- 500 ml of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml of oil
- 500 ml grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons fine cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tin crushed pineapple (439g)
- 4 x 250ml cake flour
- Add chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
- Cream sugar and eggs.
- Add oil and grated carrots
- Sieve dry ingredients
- Add crushed pineapple with water in a tin. Add nuts.
- Grease and line a ring pan tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 min on 180 C until a skewer comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients well & spoon over the top of the cooled cake.
Decorate with walnuts. Recipe from Kuier Magazine
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday