Carrot Lamb Stew Peas Basmati Rice
What a wholesome evening meal. Slowly cooked, tender stew over basmati rice.
Irish stew is a Lamb and root vegetable stew native to Ireland. As in all traditional folk dishes, the exact recipe is not consistent from time to time, or place to place. Basic ingredients include lamb, or mutton, as well as potatoes, onions, and parsley. It may sometimes also include carrots.
- 2 onions
- 20 ml oil and 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 kg Lamb meat (I used leg part)
- sugar to taste
- 8 large carrots
- Salt and black grounded pepper
- Garnish with fresh parsley
Method for the best ever Carrot Lamb Stew Peas Basmati Rice:
- Braise onions in butter and oil to a golden brown.
- Wash and drain the meat and then add to the onion mix
- Continue and braise until dark brown.
- Add sugar and 1 cup water and cook the meat till succulent and soft.
- Add your sliced carrots and seasonings, cook until carrot and peas are soft.
- Serve with basmati rice and Atchaar or onion salads.
ENJOY THIS AWESOME TASTY DISH
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday
Looking for something different but still a Hearty and lovely Stew dish?
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: