Gluten-Free (GF): This Cauli-Toast is genius. Super easy, delicious, and absolutely a winner in my house! Do give it a try and let me know.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 t garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely grate cauliflower in a large bowl and microwave on high, for 8 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly in order to work it.
- Place 1/3 at a time in a clean cheesecloth, and squeeze until the mixture is dry. Continue till all is done.
- Fluff the mixture into crumbs and add egg, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder to the dried-out cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Form the cauliflower mixture into 6 toast shapes on a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, ±15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and top with desired toppings.
- A slice of cold cut
- A slice of cheese
- Baked egg
- or anything you prefer
Recipe Credit: Delish
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs