A wonderful way to use leftover cauli-mash and then you can make these awesome Cauliflower Bread Sticks
A wonderful way to use leftover cauli-mash. These cauli “bread” sticks are not only low in carbs but are gluten-free, wheat-free, and grain-free.
- 1 cup cauli-mash
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup mixed cheese grated (mozzarella + cheddar)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- A Crack of black pepper
- Garlic salt (optional)
- Dried parsley (optional)
- Combine the cheese and cauli-mash.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and flour.
- Season according to taste. Mix till a soft semi-stiff batter forms.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Lightly grease.
- Pour half of the batter onto the baking paper and spread thinly.
- Cover in half of the mixed cheese.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley and some garlic salt.
- Bake at 250C till the base is brown and the cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- As the cheese cools, the base becomes firmer.
- Serve with a relish of choice.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Caashifa Adams Young
6 thoughts on “Cauliflower Bread Sticks”
What a great idea. Cauliflower is so “tasteless” that I sneak it into all kinds of foods for the grandson who is anti-vegetable. This is a new one, Esme. Thanks!
Yup, one need to use sneaky ways from time to time with the kiddos.
Have a look at https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/ess-cauli-toast/ this is a favorite for us
Love it but can you explain how to make cauliflower mash ?
Feel free to take a look at my recipe, as its would be basically the same recipe:
Great recipe for extra cauliflower 🙂
Thanks dear, love it can use it in so many different ways.