Outstanding, easy, quick, super delicious Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables made in one pan to feed a crowd.
What is Tahini
Tahini or tahina is a Middle Eastern condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame. It is served by itself or as a major ingredient in hummus, baba ghanoush, and halva. Tahini is used in the cuisines of the Levant and Eastern Mediterranean, the South Caucasus, as well as parts of North Africa.
Best Tahini Substitute
Cashew butter or almond butter. These kinds of butter have a similar consistency to tahini and their flavor is fairly neutral.
A perfect side dish for any vegan get-together with family and friends. I love trying and creating new dishes for my vegan family.
Ingredients for Tahini Drizzle
- 62.5 ml tahini
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced or grated (1 heaped tsp of store-bought bottled garlic)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ml sherry vinegar, you can also use regular vinegar with some sweet red wine, use 2.5 ml of each
- 62.5 ml water
Ingredients for Sautéed Cauliflower & Green Beans
- 45 ml sliced almonds
- 12.5 ml olive oil, plus extra
- 1 small head cauliflower broken up into small florets (roughly 4 cups florets)
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ml fresh minced thyme leaves
- 5 ml paprika (smoked or regular will also work and then add a drop or two of liquid smoke)
- 225 g trimmed and cut in half green beans
- 10 ml sherry vinegar, you can also use regular vinegar with some sweet red wine, use 5 ml of each
- 5 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 25 ml finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
Make the Tahini Drizzle
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Set aside.
Make the Toasted Almonds
- Use a large pan, add the sliced almonds and sauté/toast it over medium heat.
- Stir the almonds often, until you have a nice deep brown color on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
- Dish out the toasted almonds and keep them aside.
Make the Vegetables
- Use the same pan as for the almonds and pour the olive oil and coat the surface of the pan with the oil.
- Add the cauliflower and spread them out in the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave the cauliflower in the pan until it browns slightly, it may take up to 4 minutes.
- Now stir the cauliflower and turn the florets to brown on the other side, for another 3 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon and create an opening in the middle of the cauliflower.
- If needed and the bottom of the pan is slightly dry, add a bit more olive oil.
- Now you will add the thyme and paprika to the center of your pan and give it a stir.
- Do not get alarmed if it sizzle.
- Add the green beans and give it another stir.
- Depending on taste, go ahead and add some more salt and pepper.
- Continue sautéing the vegetables for about 6 more minutes, stirring now and then.
- You want the edges of the cauliflower softened, and the green beans should be a bright green and crisp tender.
- Once you have the perfectly cooked vegetables, add the sherry vinegar.
- Remove your pan from the heat and mix in the lemon zest.
- Dish out the sautéed vegetables and spoon them into your serving plate.
- Now you ahead and drizzle that delicious tahini sauce over the veggies.
- If you wish, you can mix the sauce slightly with the veggies and then sprinkle it with the toasted almonds and olives.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 167
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables
A simple slightly smoky flavored, sautéed cauliflower and green beans turned out to be a flavourful vegan vegetable side dish for our family gathering.
More Vegan recipes we made for this special family get together
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.