Chargrilled Thai Chili Chicken can be done in two ways. This is out-of-this-world chicken with a myriad of flavors.
Take a whole chicken and cut it in half, or use chicken thighs, two per person
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced chili
- 1 fresh chili, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp, soaked in a little warm water to loosen
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a bowl mix, all ingredients together until well mixed and sugar has dissolved.
- Coat the whole chicken or the chicken thighs evenly.
- Turn the chicken and stir it in the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for 15 to 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours (covered in the refrigerator).
- Cook in a preheated oven at 450 until the skin is well charred.
- And then turn the temperature down to 400 and let cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked by pricking it with a fork.
- If juices run clear your chicken is done.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn the temperature off, open the stove door slightly, and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes.
- We served with Bok Choi, pan-fried potatoes and sliced radishes, and cucumbers with salt and pepper.
- Take one piece of Bok Choi and chop it into chunks.
- Add to the hot frying pan with hot canola oil (one tablespoon)and stir fry for one minute.
- At the end add one clove of finely minced garlic, well stirred into the Bok Choi.
- Slice three medium-sized potatoes into thin slices.
- Place in a pre-heated frying pan containing one tablespoon of hot canola oil and fry for 20 minutes over medium-high.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep turning your potatoes over every four minutes or so. Make sure they don’t burn. Turn down the heat if it looks like they will.
Prepared, tried, and tested by George’s Kitchen
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.