As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are the best ever Cheddar Crackers, so no more store-bought for me.
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 250gr cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (I used 1/4 tsp)
- 3 tablespoons of ice water
- Place the flour, cheddar, butter, salt, seasoned salt & cayenne pepper in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles sand.
- Add the ice water, a Tbsp at a time while pulsing until the dough comes together.
- Remove from food processor & form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan-assisted oven) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into squares with a pizza cutter. (I used a square “Petit Beurre” cookie cutter)
- Use the blunt end of a wooden skewer to poke a small hole in the center of each square. (The cookie cutter I used has holes in the mold when you depress the cutter)
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 20 minutes. (The cookies in my oven-baked for 12 mins in a fan-assisted oven).
- Allow cooling before packing in an airtight container.
Recipe credit: Ree Drummond – The Pioneer Woman
Tried and tested by Gail Haselsteiner
11 thoughts on “Cheddar Crackers”
Thank you for linking and sharing. Much appreciated.
I love cheese, and these crackers look gorgeous 🙂
Absolutely awesome as per Gail. She said never store bought again for her.
Delightful for sure….
Thank you, they are lovely.
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
My pleasure Mon Amie.