Delicious Savory Scones, the best Cheese and Chives Scones you will find.
Cheese and Chives Scones
Cheese and Chives Scones with lots and lots of Swiss cheese and chives are perfect with real butter. What do you think, would you like some with coffee?
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- In a bowl, sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder.
- Add the salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture
till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Fold in the cheese and chives.
- Add the milk and stir till the mixture comes together.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead till the mixture is well combined and the dough is slightly smooth.
- Using your hands flatten and spread out the dough to the desired thickness.
- Use a circular cookie cutter cut out rounds and place on a greased baking tray.
- Lightly brush the tops of each scone with milk.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180C for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Keywords: Scones, cheese, biscuits
This is an awesome and easy basic scone recipe for anyone to make.
This is a very versatile scone and you can make it as is here, or feel free to play around and modify it to make plain milk or even use buttermilk, they will all be fantastic.
Whenever you need to cut in butter, make sure the butter is cold, and then use a cheese grater to add it to the flour mix. It is so much easier, and you don’t have to work the dough so much to incorporate it.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.