Cherry Pie with Almond Crumb Top
1 1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 pounds cherries, pitted
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/3 cup white sugar, or more to taste
1/4 cup cornstarch
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment
2. Roll out pie crust and lay it into a 9-inch pie pan.
3. Combine almonds, brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Work the butter into the almond mixture with your fingers, breaking up any large pieces, until incorporated completely. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Combine cherries, lemon juice, white sugar, and cornstarch. Stir until well coated and no dry lumps remain 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Pour cherries and any accumulated juices into the prepared pie pan. Press down into the pan. Crumble oat mixture over the top. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until cherries are bubbling and the crust and crumble topping are browned for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
Prepared by Mona Aumair