When you feel like a Quiche you check your fridge and use whatever you have and then prepare this awesome Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Quiche!
What is a Quiche
Quiche is a French tart consisting of pastry crust filled with savory custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. The best-known variant is quiche Lorraine, which includes lardons or bacon. Quiche can be served hot or cold. It is popular worldwide.
- 200g Tenderflake puff pastry
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3-4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 5 medium sliced mushrooms
- ½ chopped red pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp garlic
- 1 Chicken thigh
- 2 Chicken drumsticks
- 4 X-large Eggs
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 237 ml carton of cream
- 125g herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar Cheese
- I cheated and used storebought, Tenderflake puff pastry for the Crust.
- Defrost it by leaving it out on the countertop.
- Sprinkle a Silpat mat lightly with flour and roll out the pastry the size of
- Spray or paint the bottom of your dish with oil and then drop the pastry in the
base and set it aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté broccoli florets, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic until just tender.
- Add the shredded meat (pre-cooked) to the mixture set it aside and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and add the cheese at the end.
- Add Basil, Thyme, and Rosemary spices to taste and mix through.
- Pour this egg mixture directly on the unbaked pastry and then spoon in the veggie and meat mixture and spread it out evenly in the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C / 350F for an hour.
- Test with a skewer and when it comes out clean when inserted it should be done.
- The middle should be set, and not jiggly.
- Remember it will continue to good slightly when you remove it from the oven, so do not overcook it.
- Remove your dish from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve with a fresh salad as a full meal.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 577Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 225mgSodium 458mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 24g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More Quiche Recipes for you to try out
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.