As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you feel like a Quiche you check your fridge and use whatever you have and then prepare this awesome Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Quiche!
What is a Quiche
Quiche is a French tart consisting of a pastry crust filled with savory custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. The best-known variant is quiche Lorraine, which includes lardons or bacon. Quiche can be served hot or cold. It is popular worldwide.
More Quiche Recipes for you to try outPrint
Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 generous portions 1x
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Easy
An easy afternoon meal or evening meal with a side salad. Use whatever ingredients you have available in the fridge. I made this to clean out and use up those bits and pieces as I hate to waste and through away any food.
- 200g Tenderflake puff pastry
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3–4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 5 medium sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp garlic
- 1 Chicken thigh
- 2 Chicken drumsticks
- 4 X-large Eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 237 ml carton of cream
- 125g herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese
- I cheated and used storebought, Tenderflake puff pastry for the Crust.
- Defrost it by leaving it out on the countertop.
- Sprinkle a Silpat mat lightly with flour and roll out the pastry the size of
- Spray or paint the bottom of your dish with oil and then drop the pastry in the
base and set it aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté broccoli florets, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic until just tender.
- Add the shredded meat (pre-cooked) to the mixture set it aside and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and add the cheese at the end.
- Add Basil, Thyme, and Rosemary spices to taste and mix through.
- Pour this egg mixture directly on the unbaked pastry and then spoon in the veggie and meat mixture and spread it out evenly in the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C / 350F for an hour.
- Test with a skewer and when it comes out clean when inserted it should be done.
- The middle should be set, and not jiggly.
- Remember it will continue to good slightly when you remove it from the oven, so do not overcook it.
- Remove your dish from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve with a fresh salad as a full meal.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 577
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 458
- Fat: 45
- Saturated Fat: 20
- Unsaturated Fat: 21
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 24
- Cholesterol: 225
Keywords: best broccoli mushroom quiche recipe
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.