Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche, although when revamping the recipe, I had to admit, it’s just a ‘Fraîche’ take on Butter Chicken!
I remembered something I hadn’t made in a long time!
Ingredients for Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche
- 800g chicken breasts/thighs / any cut of your choice
- 1 Sliced onion
- 6 red dried chilies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 pieces of saffron soaked in water
- 1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dania/jeero powder
- 2 tsp masala powder
- Fresh Dahnia
- Crème Fraiche (1 ½ cups)
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the spices in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices into the grinder and grind to a powder.
- Once the spices are ground, marinate the chicken with all the spices and powders and leave overnight or for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion.
- Add ginger and garlic to the onion and oil and fry until soft.
- Add the marinated chicken and cover and cook 10-15 minutes until cooked (depending on the cuts of the chicken).
- You might want to add a splash of boiling water.
- Add the saffron that has been soaked in water.
- And cook another few minutes.
- Then add the Crème Fraiche and cook without lid for a further 15 minutes / 20 minutes. Add chopped fresh coriander and turn off heat.
- Serve with Roti or Basmati rice
Prepared tried and tested by Melanie Kramar