Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche, although when revamping the recipe I had to admit, it’s just a ‘Fraîche’ take on Butter Chicken!
I remembered something I hadn’t made in a long time!
Ingredients for Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche
- 800g chicken breasts/thighs/ any cut of your choice
- 1 Sliced onion
- 6 red dried chilies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 pieces saffron soaked in water
- 1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp Dhania (coriander)/jeera (cumin) powder
- 2 tsp masala powder
- Fresh Coriander
- Crème Fraiche (1½ cups)
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Chicken curry with Crème Fraîche
- Dry roast the spices in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices into a grinder and grind to a powder.
- Once the spices are ground, marinate the chicken with all the spices and powders and leave overnight or for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the onion.
- Add ginger and garlic to the onion and oil and fry until soft.
- Then you need to add the marinated chicken and cover and cook 10-15 minutes until cooked (depending on the cuts of the chicken).
- You might want to add a splash of boiling water.
- Add the saffron that has been soaked in water. And cook another few minutes.
- Then add the Crème Fraiche and cook without lid for a further 15 minutes / 20 minutes.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve with Roti or Basmati rice
Dictionary result for Crème Fraîche?
- a type of thick cream made from heavy cream with the addition of buttermilk, sour cream, or yogurt.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie Kramar
Curry Chicken, yes I agree, it is on your menu, but need to decide which one to choose?