As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche, although when revamping the recipe, I had to admit, it’s just a ‘Fraîche’ take on Butter Chicken!
I remembered something I hadn’t made in a long time!
Ingredients for Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche
- 800g chicken breasts/thighs / any cut of your choice
- 1 Sliced onion
- 6 red dried chilies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 pieces of saffron soaked in water
- 1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dania/jeero powder
- 2 tsp masala powder
- Fresh Dahnia
- Crème Fraiche (1 ½ cups)
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the spices in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices into the grinder and grind to a powder.
- Once the spices are ground, marinate the chicken with all the spices and powders and leave overnight or for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion.
- Add ginger and garlic to the onion and oil and fry until soft.
- Add the marinated chicken and cover and cook 10-15 minutes until cooked (depending on the cuts of the chicken).
- You might want to add a splash of boiling water.
- Add the saffron that has been soaked in water.
- And cook another few minutes.
- Then add the Crème Fraiche and cook without lid for a further 15 minutes / 20 minutes. Add chopped fresh coriander and turn off heat.
- Serve with Roti or Basmati rice
Prepared tried and tested by Melanie Kramar
4 thoughts on “Chicken Curry with Crème Fraîche”
Nice recipe, Mel 🙂
Yes, Mel have many great recipes she tried and tested. Love it. Do you have any to share with TRH Carol?
I’ve made curries like this many times. One of my favourite.
Thanks for popping in and I am so happy that you like it. Are you a The Recipe Hunter member? https://www.facebook.com/groups/therecipehunter/
Please come and join me there and share you very own home made dishes with us.