A traditional Saudi fragrant rice dish with chicken, this is a lovely dish you should try Chicken Kabsa.
This is one of my variations based on the ingredients I had on hand.
- 500g chicken pieces
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 cardamom pods bruised
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 stock cubes (optional) / Himalayan pink salt
- Good crack of pepper
- 3 tblspns tomato sauce
- 2-3 potatoes cubed
- 1.5 cups long-grained rice
- 2 tblspns dry parsley
- Combine all the ingredients together in a big pot, except the rice, parsley, and potatoes.
- Boil for 15 minutes, then add the potatoes and boil a further 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the rice.
- Add the parsley and stir well, close the lid of the pot. Steam on low for 15-20 minutes, till most of the water, has been absorbed.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake open at 200 till the rice is dry.
- Serve warm.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Caashifa Adams Young