I love it when a plan comes together like these chicken kebabs with Lemon Butter sauce
- 1 kg chicken mince (buy prewashed)
- 2 slices of bread (Processed in a food processor to form breadcrumbs)
- 2 onions (processed in a food processor with
- 1 bunch dhania (do not make too fine)
- 2 tsp crushed garlic paste
- 2 tsp green chili paste
- 2 level tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp crushed jeera
- 2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tsp chicken
- 2 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tsp aromat
- 1 tsp crushed chili
- 1 tsp chili spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all ingredients well together.
- Shape into a kebab with oiled hands.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Drizzle some oil into a non-stick pan.
- Fry on medium heat for a few minutes on each side (do not overcook kebab as it will harden)
- Make lemon butter sauce and pour sauce over kebab before serving.
Lemon butter sauce
Boil the above together and pour over cooked kebab
CHEF’S NOTE :
I omitted the mayonnaise.
I melted the butter and fried the garlic then add Aromat and pepper and stirred for a few seconds.
I made a paste with 1 tsp cornflour and a little cream stirred into the butter mixture and then added the remainder of the cream – I used a whole cup
Recipe credit by Jameela Sayed
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 TB oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 tomatoes pureed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onion and fry until tender.
- Add garlic and cinnamon and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir until well coated.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Add celery salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and steam on low till liquid absorbed and rice tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
Butter Steamed Pumpkin with Cinnamon
- 3 cups pumpkin, cut
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Heat a small saucepan on the stove.
- Add 1½ tbsp butter.
- Add pumpkin.
- Add the other 1½ tbsp butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover with a lid and turn to the lowest setting.
- Allow pumpkin to steam until it releases its own water and pumpkin is soft.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar