Whenever I’m feeling a bit low, my pick me up, has always been Chinese Chicken Sweet Corn Soup and one of the first things I learned in my course.
- 1 liter of chicken stock (I use Knorr chicken stock pot or stock cubes)
- 4 chicken thighs on the bone
- 2 eggs
- 1 tin cream style sweetcorn
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch (maizena)
- 1 chopped spring onion
- Boil chicken thighs in the stock till cooked.
- Remove, debone and shred. Return shredded chicken to pot.
- Add salt and sesame oil. Add sweet corn.
- Mix some of the soup liquid with the corn starch to thicken. In the sweet corn tin mix yolks of egg and add.
- Whisk the egg whites (separately).
- Drizzle the egg whites over the back of a fork (or through a slotted spoon) dragging over the soup.
- Add 1 tsp light soya sauce. Garnish with spring onion.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Melanie Kramar