Tetrazzini is an American dish made with diced poultry or seafood and mushroom in butter/cream, but here we have Chicken Tetrazzini.
- 7 ounces of spaghetti, broken into pieces.
- 32g margarine.
- ¼ cup cake flour.
- ½ tsp salt.
- ¼ tsp black pepper.
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- 1 cup whipping cream.
- 2 tbsp. water.
- 800g chicken fillet, cut into cubes.
- 1 tin sliced mushrooms, drained.
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Parsley to garnish.
- Boil the spaghetti, drain and set aside.
- Gently fry the chicken pieces until lightly brown, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add flour, salt, and pepper.
- Give it a good mix.
- Add the broth, water, and cream and whisk while on the heat till well combined.
- Keep the sauce on the heat and whisk it till it starts to get thick.
- Remove from the heat and add the mushrooms, give a nice stir and set aside.
- Mix the chicken cubes and the spaghetti together.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Pop into a pre-heated oven and bake at 180C until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
Prepared, tried, and tested Bobby Swanson